Dawn DiFranco

Just a girl trying to make it through.....

Wednesday, April 26, 2006



Swamps! From tea to the swamp all in a week (or so). This week I went to pick up a friend of mine who is touring with Bombay Dreams from Clearwater, he's on a two week layoff. Hmmm, a two week vacation and they've only been out since February, all 1 or 2 week sit downs. Yes, life must be difficult.... Anyway, he had a brilliant idea of going to Billy's Swamp Tours on the way back to Sunrise. I was trying to be nice and said sure, thinking this place is going to be a row boat and a guy with no teeth...But, it was actually a great place run by the Seminole Indians. We took a 30 minute air boat ride around the swamp and saw lots of wild life. I think there's a picture of me on the boat, but I don't have it. The only scary part was actually getting on the boat, once on I felt okay. Until it was time to get off the boat. Oh, and I found out that I have an irrational fear of bridges - not all bridges just the one's that are scary as hell! Like the Clearwater Skyway - it ramps up a few hundred feet (exaggerating) and is really thin with the suspension in the middle. Ugh... I'll look for a picture to post...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,
    Evelyn and her husband went on this when they lived in Florida.
    Looks hot humid and smelly but Evelyn said no. You certainly do get around.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home